How to Increase Your Adsense Earnings

Earn More Money With Adsense Optimization

Learn how to boost your AdSense earnings with an extremely easy technique

If you're like me you're making money online with Google AdSense. I discovered a very simply and easy way to increase my AdSense earnings and I'd like to teach it to you in this hub. Kindly stay with me as I'll reveal the details of my technique towards the bottom of my hub. Also, if this helps you please let us know below!

You must follow Google's rules at all times

Before I get into the details of my Adsense profit maximization method I'd like to bring up three issues. Firstly, NEVER click on your own ads, even if you feel tempted. Remember, Google hires only the smartest people. Their staff are able to follow and analyze ad clicking patterns. If they see an irregularity (somebody clicking too much from the same IP address) they'll kick you off with hesitation!

Use large rectangles and be sure your Google AdSense matches your website's colors

Second two issues: As the so-called "Internet gurus" teach: 1) Use the large 336 x 280 large rectangle as this ad box is proven to get you the best results and 2) Use the color pallets to make sure your ad units resemble the rest of your content, meaning your ads' and websites' link fonts and background colors match each other.

You don't need to make you AdSense completely blend w/your site: Most people know about Google Ad boxes

Many people say publishers should blend Google ad boxes with website content. Personally, I don't agree with this and believe it's a very annoying thing to do. I think 95% of the Internet users including my 85 year-old grandmother know about Google ad boxes. Who do we think we're trying to kid by making our AdSense blend with our websites?

If you use WordPress for your sites you'll need the AdSense Manager plugin

In my websites I use WordPress as a content manager and utilize the AdSense Manager plugin to manage my Google ads. This plugin is really easy to use and allows you to copy-paste AdSense code directly into your WordPress backoffice. To insert a Google AdSense ad box in a post or page you use a code like this: [ad#largerectangle].

I stopped inserting Google AdSense in my sidebars

I no longer put AdSense sky-scrapers in my websites' sidebars because the click-through rate was dismal (under 1%). Note, click-through refers to the number of times a Google Ad gets clicked divided by page impressions. Why did I get rid of my sky-scrapers? Basically, when we surf the Internet we scan the center of the PC monitor because a) That's where the content is located and b) Most ads are usually on the side of the page. So, putting your AdSense boxes in the middle of your page should boost your click-through rate.

Watch your AdSense click-through rate at least double!

Here are the details for how to double your AdSense click-through rate. Your website pages must have sufficient textual content - at least 300 words per page. You need textual content because the AdSense spider will crawl your text and provide corresponding ads. You may also put pictures or video on your page. But, the text is by far more important.

I now prefer to put my AdSense BELOW my text

I suggest putting your AdSense BELOW your text. By placing your ads above the text it makes you look as if you don't value your own content and that you're just in the game to get visitors to click your ads and not read your text.

Use 2 large rectangles and one large link ad box

Here's my AdSense box structure: Two large 336 x 280 large rectangle right next to each other and then throw in a link unit below the two large rectangles. I usually use the large 200 x 90 link unit and use the maximum five links.

Using two AdSense large rectangles right next to each other should DOUBLE your click-through rate

You migh think having two large rectangles right next to each other is too "in your face". However, as I stated above, most people know about Google ad boxes. So, why not max out and have your two best performing large rectangles right next to each other? This way your site's visitor actually gets the best service from Google by seeing all the ads available at the same time. Consequently, he or she is more likely to find an ad that they're interested in and CLICK!

HTML code putting 2 large rectangles next to each other

To put the two large rectangles next to each other the following HTML code (see below). I'm not an HTML guru but the following code works. You may name your ads "largerectangle" with the AdSense Manager plugin. You'll have to copy-paste it into your post or page screen under HTML and not the WYSIWYG.

AdSense HTML code








[ad#largerectangle][ad#largerectangle]

Now, right under that code you can put the AdSense Manager plugin code for your links box. I use this: [ad#links].

I hope this AdSense profit maximization method helps your to make more money online!

It's really very simple. By using this two large rectangles and one give-link ad box in the middle of my page and right below my content I have managed to make more money from Google Adsense and so can you!

I'd love to hear back from you. If you've discovered any other great techniques for increasing your Google AdSense earnings please let us know!

Cheers,
-Dawei888 :-)

* This article was written and created by Dawei888 on HubPages. If you plagiarize my work on another social networking website I'll flag it immediately and contact the administrator.

AdSense Optimization - Simple technique that will double your AdSense click-through rate and profit

Try the simple technique explained in this hub for AdSense optimization to double your earnings! Phtoto credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zizzy/89696604/